Monday, October 16, 2006

Super High Heels: The New Corset


I love my new little swing coat thing. It's so cute!

But, this post is about the new corset/hip panels/tiny bound feet/basket of this decade, those super high heels. I'm talking over three inches.

Now we all sit and talk about how ridiculous and barbaric the aforementioned trends were. Women would have ribs surgically removed to created a tinier waist for corsets, which made it hard to breath and certainly move. Similarly, all those other trends made it hard to move and could cause injuries. Yet, what is in trend now but sky-high heels?

You need lessons on how to walk in them. You cannot walk far in them. They cause great amounts of pain. We all know the danger of a twisted ankle, but they can also damage your feet and leg muscles. Therefore, exercises are recommended. What? I have to exercise to wear the one item of clothing that I never had to exercise to wear before? Blasphemy! that's what it is.

I don't know about you, but this is one trend bandwagon I'll happily watch leave the station. They can take skinny jeans and crocs with 'em. Now wedges are a good idea. And I still support leggings, just not worn with everything or with the same outfit as girls a-z who just passed me on the street.

Now, Sunday's outfit in my happy shoes (with happy little heels) and my new favorite coat! Just to proove that I do indeed have hips and thighs. My dad tried to say I don't have hips; I think he's in denial.

swing coat- Lola

Brown tunic- Ross

Comic strip belt- Sears

Jeans- ross

Shoes- Heel and Sole Shoes

Free,

Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

indigomast said...

cute swing coat...lol nice post

Ivy Frozen said...

Thanks dusk&summer!