Thursday, October 12, 2006

Belle Morte




Today, an Indian inspired outfit in honor of Aanchal, from ANTM. She's still going and I still like her. I've had the kiss of death so far this season for ANTM, as Megg, my other favorite, has also been kicked off. Of course, this episode she wasn't my favorite so much, so I'm okay with her leaving. I also like AJ and how much fun she was having with the whole cannibal thing. I would have been singing Maneater.

In other news, I learned how to tie a nice bow. Finally! See the closeup of my good bow in the top left there. The bow in the picture on the right is messed up. Style Bites had a lovely diagram I followed, although the second to last image on that thing was confusing. With common sense, I figured it out though. The diagram is actually for bow ties, but Agathe over at Style Bytes suggested in a post a while back that bow tie instructions were the same as how to get those nice bows. Watch out for me! I'll be tieing nice bows on everything for a while!

So, wondering how exactly this outfit is Indian inspired? It's the long lines. I do love the sophisticated, long lines I used to see many Indian girls wearing at my old school. Of course, I like to belt my waist whenever possible... Hey! I need to keep the fun up. I'm young.

Oh and in place of the double scarves, I put on double ribbon belts. They echo the white and more creamy color (stores call it ivory) of the necklace and lacy cami at the top.

tunic and hoody- JC Penny
lacy cami- Marshalls
skirt- Ross
shoes- Old Navy
white lacy ribbon belt- off capris from Kohls
cream satiny ribbon belt- off my bubble dress from ebay
Necklace- My dentist's office

The kiss of death,
Ivy Frozen

No comments: