Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Funky Audrey

Lucky you. You get three pictures of me today. Count 'em. Three.

I wore what I've now termed my "Audrey" dress. It reminds me of something she'd wear. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, her style is not fun enough for my taste so I added some very non-Audrey accesories.

Don't get me wrong, Audrey had great style. It's just she was all about simplicity. Yeah, I like more fun, funk, and spunk in my clothes. What can I say? I'm an Ares.

Speaking of Audrey, I really hate those shoes she wears with the skinny black pants in those gap commercials. Just because they're a bit unusual does not make them cute or sexy or fun. They do look like they're comfy though. I'll consent to that. The boots I'm wearing in this picture are actually the first pair of boots I've ever owned, aside from the ones I wore in the snow as a little girl. Those don't count. I'm a shoe girl, as in I go to shoes first. My wardrobe is built around shoes. I'd rather have shoes than any other garment of clothing. I actually built this outfit to wear with my happy shoes:

Happy Shoes

but then it was cold, so I put the boots on. They're the closest I come to uggs: wrap boots that are comfy and warm yet defined anough that my foot does not look like one of those inflated Santa's feet. (I mean really, they're called "Uggs." That's either cave man speak or short for ugly. Neither is appealing.) <---This mini rant is brought to you by the Mid-Day Slump.

Anywho...

When I went to the grocery store today, this little girl started exclaiming to her parents how pretty I looked and how much she liked the dress. They thought I didn't hear; I have a tendency of avoiding children since they tend to like me a lot, often putting they're through a lot of trouble to get the kids away from me. Don't ask me why, but young children LOVE me. If I acknowledge them with a smile, yeah. All over me. Not that I don't like them and am untouched by their apparent affection, but I'm not used to kids. I've always been the youngest and the baby. That's right. So, I'm kind of unsure around children, and don't want to encourage them when their parents are in a hurry or something. Yeah. That's it. The truth.

Anywho, I think this outfit's a winner. The guy at the grocery store offered to help me carry my bags to my car. (Never mind the fact that I walked, which he did not know. And also the stuff wasn't rreally very heavy. Only thing with real weight was a bag of frozen burgers. Couldn't have been more than five pounds.) Also, all the guys I passed today gave me right away by opening doors and stepping off narrow paths so i could pass. There was also this weird guy in the building for my first class. We got of the bus at the same stop. He went in a different entrance than me. Then, I saw him at the elevaters. Then, I saw him on the next floor after I climbed the stairs (The flight he saw me go up only goes to the next floor.) The elevater stopped there for no apparent reason as no one got on or off and the guy was the only one in the elevater. But he was watching me. Weird...

Anywho, in some news not centered on me per say, apparently women dress more fashionably when we're ovulating. See the MSN article and see what you make of it. I'm kind of skeptical since from the picture test, people only selected women 60% of the time as being more fashionable when obvulating. That's 2/3 I suppose, but the woman also only really did subtle changes. Not really that big a signal. Also, I'm curious about how the actual test was conducted, when, and the other external factors. But it still is interesting. I wonder if the women felt really good that day. I mean, PMS makes us feel cruddy; we deserve get a day where our hormones make us feel really good. It's the least they can do.

Now I'm wondering if that means I'm ovulating today. I did wear jewlry today: earrings and my pocket watch necklace. I haven't really been wearing jewlry lately. And I felt really good today. I did attribute that to the news that my sister may come visit me. Possibly. And the dress is a little more trendy/in current mainstream fashion/ more streamlined than many of my other outfits. Ah, uncertainty. How I loathe you.

Dress- Thrifted

Long sleeve tee and Boots- JC Penny

Belt- Forever 21

Slip and pocket watch necklace- Thrift Town

Socks- Target


5 comments:

Shopaholic D said...

love those pumps! very unique!

:) D

Anonymous said...

ew shut up. grocers are PAID to walk your groceries to the car. damn get over youself.

Anonymous said...

hey, im a guy.
and trust me- guys DONT walk girls to their cars or stare and drool at them because of a dress. Honestly? since when do we car. We'd ofer to do stuff like that if the girl was like strikingly gorgeous.
so...i dunno...

Ivy Frozen said...

Thanks and lovely to see a response! ::insert a big, bright smile here:: I really appreciate it. Nice to know they are people out there.

shopaholic d, thanks!

1st anonymous, I'm a big fan of the narcissism movement and therefore am getting rather into myself. You might try it yourself, then perhaps you'd leave some way for others you itentify you with your comments. Or perhaps you'll find the movement very distasteful, as you seem to. Fine, spend your time with stuff you like as you seem to have. Thanks for stoppping by and taking the time to leave a comment, though!

2nd anonymous, thanks for the insight. Guys do leave me puzzled...

Anonymous said...

but i dont get it...
why would you be into yourself?