Thursday, October 26, 2006

Influences 2: Books

Today, looks from Monday and Wednesday.

Wednesday's outfit was inspired by Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter. It's a series of books by Laurell K. Hamilton. (The first five rock; after that it starts going downhill.) I finished re-reading the first three books in the series on Tuesday, plus the comic book came out recently. The books feature a vampire named Jean-Claude, and I wanna raid his closet.

See, supposedly most readers want him out of his clothes for a very, erm, shall we say "triple X" reason. I, on the other hand, want him out of his clothes so I can wear them. Lace! French cuffs! Thigh high black leather boots! He can keep his little peek-a-boo shirts, but imagine really, really old French shirts! In silk! Pure awesomeness, that's what. The outfit on the right there was inspired by that series.

I must also mention that I want his bathroom. HUGE bathroom. Perfect for me, for I, like him, spend a good amount of time in the shower. (Half an hour to an hour showers.) Yeah, I need a good hour to get ready for anything. And I want his bed too since it's huge. Imagine what a great trampoline it would make! And I want his house because it has a circus in it, and it's not Michael Jackson-y in any way. I'd mattress surf down the oddly-spaced stairs. Yes, I am a book person and a little fan-girlish about that series.

The other outfit on the left there is from Monday and it reminds me of Harry Potter. Ignoring the fact that Hogwarts does not exist outside of JK Rowling's mind and the pages of the books and movies, I'd probably still be tossed out of the school for not having a British accent. Or, you know, totally ignoring the random and stifling dress code a.k.a school uniforms. Take a bunch of money so they can kidnap your kids and dorwn them is their classmate fails to swim to them in time... Really, that last movie was horrible.

Yeah, so I don't read Harry Potter. You'd think it would be up my ally, but Harry really just annoys me. I think it's all the overkill advertising. Every store, even if they didn't sell books, had special bookshelves set up just to sell Harry Potter. I mean freakin Payless had a few shelves. I think I saw some at Neiman Marcus too. Okay, so I'm exaggerating, but really, the books were everywhere. They were like jean miniskirts worn with black leggings and uggs.

So, my outfit reminds me of Harry Potter, but like I'm the cool kid at the school who would beat up and torture Harry Potter much better than that annoying albino kid what's-his-name. And now that you all hate me for talking smack about a fictional character who got a thumderbolt scar on his forehead from having a stick pointed at him and who's arch nemesis is an Imhotep from The Mummy wannabe, who Harry beat to a pulp as an innocent babe, armed with nothing but his mother's love, which is not at all cheap writing and a more than a little corny, I end my post.


My Outfits: Right: black button up lace shirt- Target, blue w/ white polka dots corset top- Papaya, knickers- Marshalls or Ross..., brown houndstooth flats w/ velvet bows and black lace flowers- JC Penny, belt w/ Nordic dragon- off jeans from a discount store... Family Bargain Center? I think..., freshwater pearl necklace- Hawaii, lacy scarf bow- off jean capris from Kohls. Left: sweater- mom from 70s/80s, button up shirt (underneath)- Mervyns, Skirt (came with the leopard print belt)- Marshalls, Tights and flats- JC Penny

A Book Person,
Ivy Frozen

No comments: