Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Me and Betsey Johnson

Two words and an exclamation point: Bloomers rock! I'm in love with the bloomers I wore as part of my Halloween costume and kind of like them with the black long sleeve tee. I should try a tunic over them!

Apparently, I'm not the only one in love with bloomers. I heard Betsey Johnson, a designer close to my heart, had sent some down her runway. So I had to hunt down some pics, which proved to be futile. Really, finding some pictures of her Spring/Summer '07 collection shouldn't have been so hard. I can't remember where I saw the bloomers, but I saw them! Betsey and I are on the same wavelength in regards to that! (BTW, it's Betsey Johnson, not to be confused with Betsy Johnson who wants you to elect her for something or other.)

Betsey Johnson is the first designer I ever heard of. I was but an innocent babe when she made a guest appearance on some show. Perhaps it was Full House? In any case, I've had a special spot for her ever sense. Her fun, flirty, girly styles are very me! And I love her color! And just how she'd cartwheel down that catwalk. Fun woman and fun clothes equals love for me. She makes happy clothes for happy people.

Of course, I have been dressing a little more Prada-esque. (They were the ones with the huge helmet hats in their Fall/Winter '06 collection, no?)




I selected a more ladylike hat from Walmart though. (Walmart! Awesome hats at awesome prices! Go, now!) This outfit is from last Saturday, official Halloween Party Day over here. I wanted to buy this black hat with this huge mesh fan on it, but it went so tall, I wouldn't be comfortable wearing the hat anytime but costume time. So I got this green baby instead with beaded flowers and a more modest mesh bow. Trust I'll be wearing this around.


This dress I wore on Monday is also getting some inspiration from the designers. (Or perhaps the stylist...) I saw a photo editorial on what's (supposedly) new for fall and they had a draped dress similar to this one, except this one looks much better. The one from the Donna Karen collection in the magazine looked like a sheet knotted together and conveniently cut to make the neckline. The model wore it with some blue converse All Stars. Sometime in the future (when it's not raining) I'll try this dress with some sneakers.

My Outfits: 1st Outfit: bloomers- Thrift Queen, Long sleeve black tee- Target (don't like the fit in the shoulders, but needed something.), Shoes- Heel and Sole Shoes.

2nd Outfit:dress- ebay, belt- mom's from 70s/80s, Tights- Target, Shoes- MIA @ Kohls ($5! I added the ribbons), gloves- Thrifted, Hat- Walmart

3rd Outfit: dress- mom from 70s, Long sleeve tee- JC Penny, Scarf Belt- Forever 21, Slip (under)- Thrift Queen, Footless Tights- Wet Seal (cheap. Already have a whole in the bum.), Bangles- India

Betsey J. &,

Ivy Frozen

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Hi thanks for postting this