Friday, November 03, 2006

Shakira, Shakira

It be November! A lot of music award shows going on, the Latin Grammys and MTV awards. I think the people of the world unite in saying, "Shut up, Kanye." Apparently, the credibility of the Europe VMAs was ruined because he didn't win best video for "Touch the Sky." I watched the video. I was bored. The only part of any real note was when the song stopped playing in the middle and Joan from Girlfriends (I forget her real name... She's Diana Ross's daughter though, no?) was yelling at him. That was awesome. The rest was him walking around like he was so awesome with Pamela Anderson pouting. Real best video material there.

Maybe some of you find it more interesting than I do.

But now that we started off with some negativity, time to spread some positivity! We've got to stay balanced here! So, on the Europe VMAs, I was pleased to see Red Hot Chilli Peppers take best album and Muse take best alternative.

But, that's not the only recent awards show! We have the Latin grammys where my dad is very happy that Puerto Ricans seem to have dominated. But, the real dominator was not Puerto Rican, but I love her so it's okay. Yes, Shakira's hips certainly didn't lie as she shook them to earn four grammys. So today, we give Shakira mas love because she's more worth talking about than that guy I mentioned first in this post.


I've always had a certain like for Shakira, but the scantily clad, crawling in the mud image she had with her first English album kind of turned me off. However, with her two part album she came out with a fresher, simpler image which I adore! She looks so much happier and prettier without the pounds of make-up, blindingly gold locks, and trashy ripped costumes. Really! Check out MSN's Gallery and see. She may be smiling in those old pictures, but her smile permeates in the more current photos of her.

I also like her choice to go with the honey brown for her hair in this time when all the blonde celebs are going brunette. It's much better than that chocolate brown that girls A through Z and their mothers are sporting. (Lindsay Lo, Hilary Duff anyone?) It's a hard color to pull off, but few seem to realize that...

Anywho, luv (That's L-U-V not L-O-V-E) to Shakira and Naturalism on her part. It's beautiful! I love the article I read about her, a coupke months ago, about her at a photoshoot. She put on a robe or something to do the interview (she was in a bikini for the shoot) because she didn't want people thinking she went around in ab-bearing tops all the time; she just did that because it's kind of a requirement for bellydancing and thus her performance. I just think that's so cute. (Condescending, who me?) Anywho, luv for Shakira! And luv for the top she's wearing in the photo (from the MSN Gallery) that I posted here. And luv for that necklace with that neckline. I dig how she toughened up the feminine top with studs on the belt and cuff thingy. If you can't tell from my lovely skull with the bow up there in the about me section, I love a contrast between feminine, soft and something considered tougher, darker, harder.

Stay tuned for my next post shall connect back to this one (naturalism) as I weigh in on the issues going around the fashion world and blogasphere.

My outfit: Dress- Vintage Amore (Check my online vintage links on the right there. A lot of cool stuff coming in this shop all the time.)
3/4 sleeve tunic (under), came with scarf worn as headband- Kohls (I like the color on me alot...)
Green Belt- Thrift Town
Gray thigh highs- Wet Seal
Boots- Charlotte Russe
Earrings- H&M (They have nickel free, woot!)

My hips don't lie either,
Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is SUCH A GOOD BLOG.

man. like its soo good. so consistant and your style is just CRAZY in a really cool way. but its coolest that your like confident enough to pull it off. seriously, best blog i have seen for a while

Ivy Frozen said...

Well, thank you. ::bigsmile and blush for ya::