Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mami, Am I Fat?

















How many weight-loss commercials are there? With 2007 looming ever closer (like tommorrow...), the herd of weight loss adds have been released. Everything from those sketchy pills to Jenny Craig-like programs to joining the gym and buying work-out equipment.

My favorite commercial was the one for some weight-loss commercial where it says, "It's not your fault your fat. It's cortizones!" or something that my mind chooses to remember as that. The humor that I find in it is not that I think it's people's fault that they are fat-- complex subject that-- but that it blames it on your body and things designed to help people survive.

It also reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine when the dad was pretty much calling the little girl fat and trying to get her not to eat the ice cream. (So mean!) Really, if your kid is a little heavy and you're trying to get them to eat healthier, just take control of their diet. Tell them they can't have the junk food; don't tell them they're fat.

But back on topic, like much of America, I've made a fitness goal for 2007. My goal is not really to lose weight so much as to tone up and maybe gain some muscle. Really, I have like negative muscle...

I got some new fitness gear, and I have part of a plan started. I'm a runner at heart, or should I say legs, so at least a half hour run/jog/thing four days a week. I'm more of an endurance runner than speedy so it should work out fine for my cardio. Now, I just need to find some exercises to tone my thighs, bum, and abs.

Oh! & I really want this American Apparel tee, but not cropped because I don't have the hot abs yet and that's what I want it for, to work on those abs.

Sorry for the pic with the sex shorts? on, but this pic showed how it drapes so nicely and looks perfect for keeping cool when you have to wear a shirt while working out and it's hot.

I also want to better treat the part of my body I dislike the most due to its horrid temper, my skin. If I'm nice to it, it'll behave. It's so easy to mistreat in winter though, when it needs my love the most, since it ends up covered.

So, they we have it! Documentation of my New year's resolutions, going into effect after it's officially the new year. Chinese New Year, that is. Just teasing...

Outfit (from 12/20 dog walk around the lake)- cropped hoody and tunic- JC Penny, jeans and sneakers- Ross, rainbow tee and fanny pack- mom (70s,80s), scarf- Old Navy

Resolved Resolutions,
Ivy Frozen

No comments: