Thursday, December 14, 2006

On the 11th Day before Christmas, Ivy Frozen gave to me

The truth about jeans: they ain't so comfy. Sure, there's that old pair that you spent years breaking in until all the spots that rub were smooth and nearly threadbare, and about ready for the trash can. I repeat jeans aren't that comfy. All that hardware, the restriction on movement, and that heavy duty-fabric just can't be, no matter how hard it tries. The real comfort of jeans is the mindset that you can do a lot in them. They're so practical and can look pretty snazzy too. They're a go anywhere, do anything garment. Paint in them, garden in them, do heavy labor in them, play in them, etc.

But, if you want real comfort, I much prefer trousers or leggings.


So, so many people --and by people I mean "fashionistas"-- protest the leggings (and ankle boot trend) because they tend to make your ankles blend into your calves producing the horror inducing word, "cankles." When I first saw the word "cankles" used, it thought it was some horrible deformity or disease. But no, it's just what you see in the picture of my outfit above, where the indent of my ankle dissappears. I'm really unimpressed. So what if the line of my ankle disappears? I'm not seeing the horror. If you look at my right leg, it's pretty obviously there. I see no problem with the "cankle" look and I shall continue to sport items that supposedly give me this, including shoes with ankle straps.

Stay tooned for more crazy silhouettes that I love and support!

My outfirt worn Dec. 7th: red tunic- mom (70s/80s), faux fur bolero- um..., black leggings- Lola/Rave, white cuffed ankle boots- Hot Topic, thick black waist belt (under my arms)- JC Penny

Cankles: ankles with a "c" for cool,

Ivy Frozen

No comments: