Monday, January 01, 2007

I Love Klimt!

Who Should Paint You: Gustav Klimt

Sensual and gorgeous, you would inspire an enchanting portrait..
With just enough classic appeal to be hung in any museum!
Klimt happens to be my favorite artist, although I have random love for Monet. Klimt though has all the things I like in a painting. I love his use of patterns, his color palettes, the gold, and the subject. (Women are just funner to paint because we're curvy!) He also designed some clothes. So, yes, I do feel him as a kindred spirit.

I was introduced to his work by my art teacher in high school and she was spot on. I've used him as my artist of inspiration for several art projects, including the one above. (It would have been better if I had more time, but alas! I did not.)

Some of my outfits that remind me of Klimt:

Classy Pirate Sweet ThinkerCuddly

These are more inspired by his time period (Late 1800s to Early 1900s). The last one is inspired a bit by his color pallettes, a lot of yellows, reds, and oranges.

Rainy Day's Garden Stroll That 70s Look

Schoolgirl Bag Lady-ish
Little Patterned Riding HoodI do own jeans.

These are all mixed patterns. I love mixed patterns! Much of my favorite music would appear as a mixed pattern outfit, I imagine. I love getting lost in all the tiny little rythms of various instruments in music. Mmmm.

November

And, my favorite dress here, which reminds of Klimt too. To me Klimt is Autumn, and you'll notice most of my Klimt-ish outfits are from then. The season of mixed patterns and fun colors.

My Outfits: Click the pictures and should be carried to a page with all the info.

To see more Klimt pictures, here's a Yahoo image search on Klimt. Gorgeous, no?

Painted by Klimt,

Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love Klimt too. Used to have a huge print of his over my bed. Can't think where it is now. Very lovely use of mixed patterns--makes me want to try it out.

Also, the no-white after Labor Day is beyond archair. People were staring at your shoes because they wanted a pair.

Ivy Frozen said...

Woo! Thanks for the more winter white love and Klimt love!