Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dress Up for Yourself

Fired Up


Matching is vastly overrated.

Der Blaubeermund Te Amo Te Amo

Free the shoulders!

Der Blaubeermund

Because handbags are vastly overated too.

Havaiana

Viva la revolution, baby!

Why do we have to go out somewhere to dress up? In the first outfit, I basically stayed at home. I did run some errands earlier in the day, where I picked up those sweet shoes. (It's hard for me to find shoes that fit me perfectly --both size and budget-- since I have narrow feet. So when I find some, me must have!) But, if anyone I knew had been around when I had this outfit on, they'd be like, "So where are you going?"

On blogs everywhere I see women and fashion bloggers who talk about their wardrobe consisting mostly of PJs and other loungewear because they work from home for a living and thus don't bother to get dressed. And they say they don't buy nice things because they have nowhere to wear it.

I say let the madness stop! Dressing up is not strictly for going out. Dress up at home; dress up for yourself!
But, Ivy! I have kids to think about!
But, Ivy, I need to be comfortable!

All I'm going to say is where there's a will, there's a way. I spent all night typing out my short story Coffee at Midnight in the second outfit featured above. Sweatpants are not the only item of clothing in the world that is comfortable; there are plenty of pretty and comfortable things out there. Plus, this is about you not me. Dressing up for you.

What I Find Comfortable,


Ivy in Wonderland

You may not.

I like short hemlines because I feel they give me ease of movement, since I hat stuff rubbing against my knees. Others feel that short hemlines inhibit movement, since they have to worry about flashing the undergoodies. Or perhaps they aren't as fond of their legs. And I like to wear those skirts with huge pockets for doing housework since the pockets hold so much. Either that, or I don my apron.
So, I also offer...
Like an Eagle
Find cool, interesting, or nice sweatpants.


Experiment and rock what you got!

Because when ya look good, ya feel good.

Featured Photos: Click all the pictures to be carried to their flickr pages where further details can be found.



Feeling Good,

Ivy Frozen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I moan about needing to add color & pattern to my wardrobe, I have no issues around looking nice on a nothing-going-on day. And you wouldn't *believe* the comments you get from just wearing a dress (well, maybe you would.) I guess that's what I get for living on the west coast.

Oh! And my 7 things is set to post for tomorrow. Thanks for tagging me.

Ivy Frozen said...

lol Indeed. I think my family and friends are used to it by now though, and don't wanna risk my wrath for disagreeing.

& I see your seven things. Fun idea to make it interactive.