Friday, August 17, 2007

Josie and the Pussy Cats

Violet Red Theatrical Instead

I've really been thinking about the Josie and the Pussycats movie lately. Come on, you know you love it too. It's up there with the Spice Girls, and we're all excited about their pending return, whether openly or secretively.



How the uncool girl was dictating to everyone what was cool reminds me of many, many fashion magazines. Take Seventeen's August issue. (I just read it because my dad neglected to tell me he gave it to me until recently, and he has my September copy.) Anywho, I love the section where they tell you the cutest stuff at the mall, so you don't have to work that tiny brain of yours to pick out something you like and put your own outfit together. I mean really, who has time for thinking for themselves?

That's generally why I stick to fashion blogs, although some blogs have the same sort of attutude, like they are Lisping Lisa trying desperately to be cool by telling you what is cool.

But, I digress. This post isn't about raking our practically zombie-ish society over the coals. I also love the movie for another reason. Shiny and leopard print, need I say more?


I actually totally adore Tara Reid's hippie sweet style in the film. Never thought she'd get fashion icon status, did you?

While she still does not have a bra on, I feel she shows skin at the waist in a chicly sexy way. It's really tough to do that. Most of the time, skin shown at the waist tends to make you look street whore rather than rich/classy/snob whore that I prefer. Unfortunately, there are a lack of photos online of her good outfits. I like the one in the picture above though. She's rocking those tie-tied, wide-legged pants with the simple, flowy top.

I also adored Paulo Costanzo's-- who played Alexander-- style too. It's actually a lot like a cross between the two brothers in The Royal Tenenbaums and/or Duckie from Pretty in Pink. You can see some bits of him in the videos I posted above, but they're like flashes. Just watch the movie. It's silly, and fun, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Just how I like my movies. It also has some great pop-y music. I got the CD, cried when I left it in the CD player of a rental car in Florida, where it was taken by someone, and cheered when I received a new copy via one of my sister's friends. It's nothing prolific, but good music to do something to, like driving or cleaning. It's got the generic pop rock feel to it.

Violet Red minus the Head

Here's a better look at my outfit. Going a little boho with the scarf in the hair, but I just had to have that scarf hitting the shirt somehow. Too hot for pants, so I used a flowy tunic tucked inside the shorts. I altered the top of the tunic so it wouldn't fall off me, like it usually does. Gave it a whole new neckline which I love and might just make permanent.

Pix: Clix them for more info.

With the Pussycats,

Ivy Frozen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not really with fashion trends, but i must say i do love this movie. it was the first PG-13 movie i ever saw and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. :) Anyways, just wanted to say that i've seen this movie about a million times and the fashion in it is really casual and cool. I love it! But the movie is so not serious, not really involving, just something you can sit around and chuckle to every once in a while ---with a cute plot. The whole cast rocked, pun much? Anyways, did i mention i love this movie?! ;) rent it for a friends only movie night, you won't be disapointed and will probably get a lotta inside jokes out of it, i know i did!