Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sheet Ghost Skirt

Back to the Future 2

Here's a new skirt I made back at the beginning of July. It's my take on the high wasit trend seen on shorts and jeans. I might make some shorts or wide legged pants with a similar waist, if I ever find fabric I'd like to make them out of. The waistband on this skirt is high, thick, fitted, and has four little buttons in an upside-down trapezoid shape. I'll wear it again soon and have some better pictures up, but I was spending the day with my friend there since this is right before I moved back from my hometown to my college town.

Hmmm... I do love this skirt though.

Back to the Future

Here you can see the buttons on the waistband better while I appear to be being choked by one of the ghosts I adore so much.

Back to the Future 3

Here I like the shape the skirt has before I jump, the beautiful billowing. The fabric was made to be this skirt. It's actually a sheet, I think. I got the material for free from the campus recycling resource center. I might head back over there once fall session starts and see if they're still stalking the fabric there. They were talking about giving the fabric back to the Salvation Army since it was just there.

My outfit: jean vest- mom 70s/80s, orange halter- forever 21, skirt- me made =), shoes-old navy, headband- ross, friend- Highschool

Scarlet O'Hara ain't got nothing on me; although that drape dress was awesome, it wasn't made from sheets,

Ivy Frozen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You work a high waisted skirt like none other. Love the button accents, too.

Ivy Frozen said...

Thanks =D

Anonymous said...

Stopped by from Painfully Hip--kudos on sewing such a charmer! The skirt is terrific and you look smashing. I'm starting to drag my own sewing skills out of mothballs, thanks for the inspiration!