Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I Tip My Hat to You

Victoriana Lolita So, I'm sure you've all seen all the grammy pics and such already, if you didn't see the people live on t.v. But now you get to see a few choice pics from me again with commentary! And, it gets better. The commentary is by me! That's right, what you've all been waiting for.
Let's start off with Lean Rimes. Anyone else think she went a little far with the whole losing weight thing? I mean, she used to be all chubby and adorable. Then she lost weight, I was for it. It was healthier, it made her happy. But then I see this and I get a little concerned. I do love that dress, but it's falling off her poor frame! Perhaps it's just the dress. She is a beautiful woman though and just look at that smile!

Next, we have Matisyahu. I just love his style, and how he does his own thing stylistically, both with his clothes and music. In this picture of him, I like how only one cuff is peeking out. It gives him a bit of a haphazard look contrasted against the more refined look of the rest of his clothes.

Speaking of haphazard, I love Shakira's crazy hair in this picture. You didn't think I'd miss posting a pic of Shakira. I love her crazy lion-mane hair and wish I could get my curls to do that. As for her dress, it actually reminds me of a Christmas present, which is a good thing. She kept it simple as per her new look and I'm still loving it. Take that McDonalds!
The fourth pic is of Scarlet Johanson but doesn't she looks a lot like Madonna in this pic. Maybe it's just me... But, she still looks lovely as always.

I really wanted to post a pic of Nelly Furtado's dress next, but Blogger is being unfriendly so no pic of her. The top of her dress just looks so Klimt-ish though. I loved it!


The rest are pictures of people I've never heard of, but now must know more about. Proof of the power of clothing.

The first of this batch, and fifth picture of them all, is of Corinne Bailey Rae. I guess I've kind of heard of her; the name sounds familiar. She looks so lovely in this picture and I adore her hair. I'm far too chicken to attempt a homage with my hair though, especially since my ears stick out so I like to keep 'em covered with a little something. Lovely woman though.

The next pic is of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. I've never heard of them but now I must! The pirate costume is too awesome, and I'm liking what I'm seeing of the guy to the left's outfit too. Keep it up boys!

The last pic is of Antonio Pantarelli. Never heard of him at all befor, but digging the coat and shirt. So appropriate with the violin, and it looks like he's having a good time with it.

Now, ergh, my outift. It's not up for deabate. I just reworked those boots with some black ribbon, but I didn't buy it long enough, so I only laced them up to the ankles and tied them there. I like the result though, and the laces are really on for show. Thank goodness for zippers! Click on the pick for more information.

The grammy pictures were taken from The Red Envelope's slide show thing on the grammies.

Tip hats not cows,

Ivy Frozen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.