Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Wildest Dress Fantasies

Artist Yes, it's Oscar time and all of my wildest dress fantasies are coming true. Okay, maybe not ALL of them, that would eb a lot to ask for afterall, but many of them are brought to life and the night is still young.


This pic is a little out of theme, but Lisa Ray (the one on the orangish-brown dress) looks stunning, just a beautiful woman in general. Deepa Mehda looks beautiful too, but I'm coveting that sari of hers. Beautiful colors and patturns, a dress fantasy brought to life! Likewise, Penelope is beautiful nd all that, but I'm coveting the dress more. Just look at it, the texture on the skirt, yards of fabric into the ridiculousness. Okay, maybe not quite as into the ridiculousness as my fantasy, but it's a good comnpromise. At least she can actually move around in this one so it will sweep so beautifully like that.
In this pic, the dress the dress definitely overshadows her, since it's a little dark. But look how it swirls in the front!
Love the silhouette of Rinko Kikuchi in this number. It reminds me of the ink lady from Batman Beyond, complete with the swirly hair. For those who think being compared to a cartoon character is less than optimal, it also reminds me of old fashion drawings from the '20s?. The ink connotation just really appeals to me though, like the dress is fluid she was dipped in and it's running off her. I just read that last sentence and realized it sounds a little creepy, but trust me, my admiration for the dress is nothing you should consider shipping me off to a nice, padded room for.
J Lo's keeping up with her older look she's adopted since her so far lasting marriage to Marc Anthony, and I'm still on the rocks about it. I kind of miss old, in-your-face-bronze-goddess J Lo As foor the fantastical dress, just look how airy it looks! And the neckline is gorgeous! And the chilled out J Lo looks like an icy siren, albeait a prenant one. Is she preganant? Really, I thought she was with this dress, but I could be wrong. It's not like I make it a point to keep up with celebrity gossip or anything; typically the stuff's shoved down my throat when I head to yahoo to check my mail or look around the grocery store. But I must say, can you picture J Lo singing "Jenny from the Block" is this dress? Yeah, I would have preferred my J Lo in this dress so thoughtfully picked out by the people at Dress A Day. She could still rock "Jenny from the Block" in that. Also, just click on the link to see more beautiful dresses picked out for the starlets, most of which rock my dress fantasy bone too. Now excuse while I finish my theory about Marc Anthony brainwashing J Lo into a Stepford Wife.

Images: Oscar Red Carpet pics from Yahoo. As for the pic of me, click it for a larger image and details if you care, or just leave a message bothering me for them.

In a dress fantasy world,

Ivy Frozen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.